View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 14, 2011, 08:54am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry1953 View Post
Coach, that has been suggested before but I'm just too verbose for that. :-)
Tried to PM you, Larry, but it won't let me... so sorry if this is put in the public readosphere.

I think you would be well served to remember the purpose of this forum. It seems that some of the topics out there are designed to force an argument (you even said, as one of your reasons for posting ... "because I knew it would rile you up")

Arguments may come along on the forum - probably more than most like... but that is not why we come here. MOST of us come here to talk about situations (real ones), rules, mechanics, heck --- even equipment sometimes --- with the goal of becoming better umpires. This is not a political forum or the comments section at the bottom of an opinion op-ed. Please keep that in mind when deciding to start a thread.

Also - it would help you in the long run if you didn't use, as backup for your opinion, that "the announcers of the Pirates broadcast said so" or the like. The talking heads are generally hated here, mostly because they spout off nonsense that sheep then believe and quote (so don't be a sheep!) - and they have no clue what the rules or mechanics are, even though they speak from a seeming background of authority. To put it most bluntly... if a TH agrees with you, that's probably NEGATIVE points for your argument.

Not posting this to start an argument or make you angry. Honestly posting this in hopes it helps. I see you on the precipice of trolldom and I'm hoping this causes you to turn rather than jump.

West Houston Mike