View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 07, 2003, 12:46pm
Official Forum Member

Took in a BV A-4 playoff game yesterday and saw the following play. This was a two whistle game.

A-1 is dribbling from the area left of the key and above the 3 pt arc and beginning to drive towards the hoop. T is on the same side of floor but well behind A-1. L has worked his way up under the basket as play comes his way.

As A-1 crosses the key enroute to the basket B-1 (whose movement is screened from L by players) moves out and bellybumps A-1 knocking him off track. L blows the whistle and calls a travel. Judging from the angle, I am sure the lead could not have seen B-1's movement and action, all he saw was the reroute of a-1 with the ball not being dribbled.

He received no help or imput from the T. He made the call and even though there was a fair amount imput from A-1's coach the call stood and away they went.

Anyway it got me to thinking, I know in 2 whistle in particular, you can't be everywhere and see everything all the time. I've had situations where as trail you'll get straight lined and see a player reach around a dribbler and then the ball is re routed. All you see is butts and backs but you know something had to have happened to reroute the ball. With all the age and wisdom on this board, what are your thoughts?? How do you guys handle situations like this?