View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 06, 2003, 07:34pm
Official Forum Member

I was wondering what procedures other states take to get into the state tourney. I'm from Indiana. We have, in recent years (1 or 2 years I think) went to coach's vote. And an observer is not required for lack of observers, but I hear there are some out there. Yes vote = 1 pt, no vote = minus 2 pts. Anyway, tooting my own horn a little, I was selected to work NCCAA Regionals this year. I can work this level, but cannot get into our high school tourney. I do think my age has something to do with it, 25 but look 19. I feel very confident and do get compliments after games. Maybe my expectations are too high. Well, I was just wondering what other states do to select officials.

On another note, Indiana basketball has not been the same since the transformation to Class basketball, either playing or officiating. I guess change of tradition tends to step on peoples toes. For the record, I liked one big tourney myself. Anyway, we have Sectional, Regional, Semi-state, and State Finals. Starting next season, 3-man is going to be used regionals on. So that's one positive that's happening in this state. I guess this posts sounds like I'm kind of venting over my frustration so bear with me in my displeasure. Thanks for your time.