Thread: Bottom one?
View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 07, 2011, 09:34am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheway View Post
Why does it matter if a guy wears his college jacket?
You all know i just recently stopped playing so, as a player the one time i saw a guy with a college jacket; I thought to myself " ok. well I know FOR SURE I've got one A+ official tonight" it was nice to know as a player. Did I think less of the partners NO not at all.
For one thing, the jacket is not authorized to be worn by anyone not working a game under the college level. That is the problem plain and simple. And wearing a jacket does not prove you are working that level in any way. It might call you out as a liar or trying to make it look like you are representing something you are not. And considering that in many cases those individuals wearing those jackets have never worked a single college game in their life that is why for me that is a big problem. Just like it is not allowed to wear a high school jacket for a college game. That would be out of place too and in my state we have shirts and jackets with state logos on them. I would never go out and where those shirts and jackets at that level, so why would it be OK to wear college stuff at the HS level?

Peace