View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 07, 2011, 06:24am
Esteemed Forum Member

Man, Was My Face Red ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHSAA View Post
What is everyones craziest/embarrassing moment related to officiating?
Continued a five second inbounding count into a ten second count for a violation. It did involve a technical foul, and I did apologize to the coach after the game once I pieced together what I had done.

Young official. First varsity scrimmage. Trying to impress. As lead, I thought it was a two shot foul when it was actually a one and one. After the first miss, I jumped in to get the rebound, and ended up in a pile of big guys all wanting the rebound.

Twice in my career I've called rebounding fouls where I had A1 fouling A2. Thank God for the inadvertent whistle bail out.

Girls game. As trail, counted a three point basket at the buzzer that touched a support wire above the backboard after a high bounce off the rim. I took my eyes off the ball for a split second because I thought that the girls couldn't jump high enough to cause basket interference. Everyone in the gym saw it except me and my partner.

On turnovers, followed by a fast break, changing from old trail, to new lead, while running full speed, while looking over my shoulder. Once, in an nearly empty gym, I ran into the only set of bleachers that was open opposite table side. In another game, in a full gym, I ran into a cheerleader who was a little too far into the playing court.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Wed Sep 07, 2011 at 06:32am.