View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 07, 2011, 01:57am
Official Forum Member

idiot coach story from tonight

just thought id share this gem with everyone.

NSA SP game with a no new inning timer, NSA rule is the new inning starts on the first pitch of the new inning (as opposed to the 3rd out in ASA).

times running out, home team, who is winning, comes to bat (obviously in the bottom of the inning) i announce there are 2 minutes left...

after the 3rd batter, who made the 2nd out of the inning, i check my watch, and it says theres 10s left. the next batter comes up to bat and after a few pitches makes an out. i check my watch, and it says time is up, so i announce thats ball game due to the time limit. the visiting teams coach starts going nuts... "we paid good money for this league, let us get our moneys worth!!!!" and "i dont understand how you can use the timer right down to the last second!!!"

i politely explain to him that the timer ran out at some point in time during the last batters AB, since it was obvious to me that the coach thought there was still time left on the game clock and wanted to keep playing.

now im off the field walking to the parking lot and the coach comes up to me. hes mad at me for allowing the last batter to complete their AB if the timer had expired. at this point in time i couldnt contain myself from laughing. i asked him if he thought it was just a tad contradictory if 2 minutes earlier he was upset bc he wanted to play as much as possible in order to "get his moneys worth", but now hes mad bc the game was allowed to be played longer than "regulation"?

he just stood there with this idiotic look on his face, you could tell his mind was trying to comprehend what i was saying but it just wasnt sinking in.

normally i dont indulge participants like this but when this idiot was trying to make me look bad but was actually giving himself enough rope to hang himself, who am i to say no.