Thread: Substition?
View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 06, 2011, 10:32am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLydic View Post
As APG stated, A6 can come in before the last free-throw or after free-throws have been successfully completed. Why? Because shooting free throws is not during a time-out and that's the rule. Go a little further down in your reading of 3-3. What would you do if A6 reported during the first of two free throws? Would you not let that player in if we just came out of a timeout before starting the free throw process?

I would allow A6 to come in for A1 or A2 because the rules state in 3-3-1 d says that subs are allowed in "before the final attempt in the sequence and after the final attempt has been converted." but in 3-3-1 a it says they have to be to the table prior to the warning horn following a time out.

So what I want to know is why? Where is the rule that says a time-out ends for free throws but doesn't end for an out of bounds play. Because in both cases the ball is live when at the disposal of the Free thrower as well with an inbounder, yet also in both cases the clock does not start.

I'm sorry if I am being anal about it, but I had someone ask me the question and now I want to give them the answer they are looking for.

Last edited by Clark Kent; Tue Sep 06, 2011 at 11:40am.