Thread: best game ever
View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 06, 2003, 09:41am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Re: How do you judge this?

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
I have had games that I thought were bad and everyone thought I was great. I have had games that I thought were great and everyone thought I did bad.

I have had the first experience, but never the second. I had a game just recently where I felt that I was not on the same page with my partners. I felt like I had a whistle every trip down the floor. Walking off the floor, I would have sworn that a casual observer would say that I was trying to be "the show". And my partners just weren't calling very much. A few days later, I worked with one of those same partners and told him how I'd felt about the game. He said that from his perspective, much of the action happened to be coming right at me, just from dumb luck or whatever. He said that he never once felt that I was reaching to make a call. Made me feel a little better about it.

I've never felt that I had a good game and then have somebody tell me that I sucked. I usually know when I suck.

Quote:
Many times I could have had the best game, but the way the game was played by the players, you are never going to look good as an official.
I agree with this statement. Sometimes, it's just not possible to work your best game.

Chuck