Thread: One Last Play
View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 31, 2011, 03:18am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllPurposeGamer View Post
One last play:

First of all, I believe this play is a blocking foul as I have the defender moving forward at the time of contact thus no LGP.

I think on the play, the administering official guessed on the play and was too focused on the thrower...especially seeing as the thrower wasn't being pressured. Even if he was, I was always thought you have to officiate the play around you on the throw-in and not focus solely on the thrower. Perhaps the official could have also been deeper towards the backcourt before he bounced the ball?

Also, with the new rule changes in NF, this is a perfect example of a team control foul.
Obvious charging foul. Inexperienced official. You note that he is not looking at the right action. He says, "player control" foul. The guy doesn't ever have the ball during the entire play. He give the PC signal, not the push/charge.

Lastly, the officials fail to switch following the foul. Even after the second foul near the end of the clip, it appears that they may not switch. The newish guy is simply standing there at T.