View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 30, 2011, 02:30pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticNHBlue View Post
Was the cat mostly black and had a cajun 'meaw'? If so, I think he landed up here in my neck of the woods. That cat could catch anything from mice, to birds, even dragged home a few small dogs...

Thanks for the good thoughts from everyone. We mananged to get through safely. Can't say the same for the power lines accross the street; they were torn down by a big ol' tree. Good news is the crews have already cut the tree down, just waiting for the new power lines to be hung. A few days without power won't be the end of the world.
I'm in Central Maryland and still without power also. It is just a small part of my neighborhood affected (roughly 50 homes), so I'm assuming we'll be one of the last ones they bring back up. From what they are saying, everybody should be up by Friday. We bought a generator yesterday, so we're able to survive.

Things could definitely be a lot worse. We still have a roof over our heads and the heat isn't bad, especially with the generator and fans plugged in. The shower this morning sure was cold though.