View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 29, 2011, 10:39pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA View Post
Cite 3.1.G. This rule is clear that if the manufacturer is not the one who removed the cap, the cap was not properly affixed which, since the manufacturer has agreed through certification that a cap cannot come off, would default to the point that someone other than the manufacturer removed or caused the cap to come off. That, by rule, DQs the bat and clearly suggests there has been an attempt to alter the bat.

If the player has a problem, it is with the manufacturer, or the person who screwed with their bat, not the sanctioning body with whose rules to which the manufacturer agreed to abide.

How about that for some serious, yet effective and factual, rhetoric?
I agree completely with your interpretation of the rule regarding a cap that has come off. It's done, kaput, finished.

What about a cap that hasn't come off? One that appears to be slowly working its way out of the barrel, does not appear to be tampered with, but still appears secure? Would a player be allowed to tamp it back into place (not that we'd ever know, but if I'm asked...)?

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Screw green, it ain't easy being blue!

I won't be coming here that much anymore. I might check in now and again.