View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 23, 2011, 10:28pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post
And I agree with this. Should I ever be selected to work WP, I offer no excuses for my work and any mistakes I make. I don't want to be called a "volunteer umpire" as if that makes it OK. My calls and my game management must be as good, IMO, as if I was working any other nationally televised game. LL, however, selects the umpires and their selection process doesn't seem to have changed much in the past 10 years (my involvement with Little League is just over 10 years -- I've umpired a lot longer than that). I don't know why we talk about this every year like we expect it to change.

I worked a championship game at a different Little League World Series on an ESPN network on Saturday afternoon. After the first pitch, it was just another game with the exception of the slightly longer than normal inning breaks.
Was that the game where a LL facebook post had thunder in the area to start the game? Was a lightning detector used? Or was it a fast moving away from venue cell/cells that those in charge judged was not going to be a problem?