View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 22, 2011, 02:22pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
It depends on how the test is written and administered. Too many officials just show up at some meeting, copy down 100 Ts and Fs in order, and transcribe that information onto the answer sheet.

At least with a fitness test, you'd have to take it yourself.

Best, I think, would be to combine them. Something like: Sprint from one endline to the other (max time 7 secs or so). Answer a rules question within 10 secs. Repeat 5 times, then a 1 min break. Repeat the entire cycle 10 times.

Tests your physical fitness and your ability to be mentally sharp when physically tired.
Well even know here we do not have a fitness test officially, if you are not at a camp and can prove you can get up and down the court it will be obvious. And one of the typical topics of conversation that camp clinicians have are the physical ability of the officials that are being observed. And I can tell you that many that you and I work for in our area eliminate people based on the physical ability of those they observe. That is really the case when those that claim they can work "varsity" after a few years and in camp cannot keep up with better athletes than they are used to seeing in a running clock game. I will take that any day over a time trial.

Peace