View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 18, 2011, 03:22pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCashions View Post
Rule 3-5-10 states that...." the player shall be replaced for at least one down, unless half-time or an over-times intermission occurs" Rule 9-6-4b also addressed the requirement for an injured player to be replaced for at least one down. So the way I see it if the down is replayed he cannot reenter.

IMHO
In my opinion, you are reading way too much into this. I wouldn't want to be on the field and associated with this interpretation in any way.

Just because a down is replayed doesn't mean a down didn't occur for the purposes of 3-5-10. We know a down was played, otherwise it wouldn't need to be REplayed. The requirement doesn't read "the player shall be replaced for at least one down in which a penalty for a foul on the injured players team is accepted, unless half-time...".

Taken to the extreme:

What if it was the defensive team's star middle linebacker that got dinged? Are you really not going to let him back in after an accepted hold on the offense? When the offense scores on the next play, good luck with that defensive coach.

Last edited by InsideTheStripe; Thu Aug 18, 2011 at 03:37pm. Reason: Added scenario