View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 18, 2011, 12:30am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmpTTS43 View Post
My point is that in most amateur ball, there are not the HD camera angles that can parse the play down to the mm.
HD or not, 40-60% of my games are televised, with replay. I get to see what I did and did not do, and what the unwashed masses think. (Hint--once they see replay, they see it my way, assuming I got it right.)

Quote:
My other point is that there is a hypocracy concerning the "get it right" philosophy. Strike zone v neighborhood play v original op..
This is not hypocrisy. The rulebook makes a distinction between these types of calls, hence the particular attention paid to the arguing of balls and strikes.

Quote:
I also realize that this philosophy is different from level to level. Outside of MLB, in pro ball there are still the expected calls and if they are not made, you can lose credibility with the teams and the evaluators.
Whatever.

Quote:
If MLB did not have the cameras they do now, there would still be the expected call.
And if a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his *** when he hopped. Reality is reality.