View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 24, 2000, 02:52am
Do not give a damn!!

Unhappy 2 Person

Unfortunately it was 2 person. The play started in my area but started going toward his area. I probably would have never signaled a thing if it was not on the boarderline of both areas. The call was on his side of the court, but the play started above the 3 point line, and the contact occured right at the FT line extended. That is the main reason I believe we both had whistles.

I will also say this, we should have been doing 3 person. Because this is a Class AA (Big School class) tournament and the play is awfully fast. It happen so fast that we both got caught. One of the teams is consistently one of the better programs in the state and at one time played in the State Semifinals against a team that eventually went on to basically compete for the National Championship according to the USA Today. Some of the players from their opponents are now on the University of Illinois team (Frank Williams, Sergio McClain, Marcus Griffin). The game is just to fast in many cases for 2. And with me doing more 3 person than 2 person, I many times felt a step behind.