View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 11, 2011, 08:41am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
He did not get beat or even beat badly. This was a full court pass where the Lead would likely get dusted and he was with the play. Actually I would have liked him to stop and look at the play from around the block. Busting down would not have given him a better angle as the Center would have been able to see the side of the play where the initial contact took place. If anything the Center got beat on this play.

I agree it's a tough situation for the lead to not get beat on this play. But he did. Certainly not badly beat though. He gave one or two hard fast steps along the side initially but then slows down. Had he run that same way the whole time, he might have been able to "stop and receive" the play. I don't mind his angle here, wide is good here. I also think wide along the endline is best. But he never makes the endline.

But the more I look at the play, the Center definitely gets beat and even when there appears to be some escalation, he is walking toward the action. The lead in comparison did a fantastic job.

A double whistle here would have been better, but it appears the Center simply did not recognize the play in time or did not hustle to stay in position.

100%

His intent is not the issue; it is what he did to prevent that action. Like I said before I would like a closer angle to determine what the defender did with his arm as we cannot see how much of the ball or arm the defender made contact with.

Can you explain why you don't think intent is a part of an intentional foul situation?

Peace
Thanks for the feedback.