View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 11, 2011, 12:16am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toren View Post
I'm relatively new to the refereeing field. The biggest thing that stand out to me: the lead official got beat on this play, and the reason being he slows up at the end, he could have easily have been three or four steps in better position than he was. He may not have been in perfect position to receive the play, but he definitely could have been in better position. This is the type of play you bust your butt hard the whole way, but he didn't, he slowed down.
He did not get beat or even beat badly. This was a full court pass where the Lead would likely get dusted and he was with the play. Actually I would have liked him to stop and look at the play from around the block. Busting down would not have given him a better angle as the Center would have been able to see the side of the play where the initial contact took place. If anything the Center got beat on this play.

Quote:
Secondly, the opposite side official, I'm going to assume this is three man and call him the slot, doesn't enter the shot until the foul is called and the lead is now separating personnel. I'm not sure what kind of angle or assistance he could have possibly given.
A double whistle here would have been better, but it appears the Center simply did not recognize the play in time or did not hustle to stay in position.

Quote:
I didn't like those two things about the coverage. With that said, intentional all the way. The defender had no intent other than there was not going to be a dunk on his team.
His intent is not the issue; it is what he did to prevent that action. Like I said before I would like a closer angle to determine what the defender did with his arm as we cannot see how much of the ball or arm the defender made contact with.

Peace