View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 10, 2011, 08:51pm
Official Forum Member

Except a timeout could have been granted...the ball was dead regardless of whom the ball was awarded to. The was not a suspension of play which is kind of sounds like they were alluding to.

What I think they might of thought was, they should have reviewed the play anyway before they granted a timeout. In that case, a timeout would not be granted as it would be treated as a suspension of play. In the interest of "fairness" they decided to retroactively take back the timeout since they felt they should have reviewed the play first.

This type of play happened in the 2010 NBA Finals in game 3 Los Angeles Lakers vs. Boston Celtics...if I remember correctly, a timeout was granted, the officials went back and reviewed the play and overturned an OOB call on KG. If I also remember correctly, the timeout was not given back.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.