View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 10, 2011, 07:23pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toren View Post
I'm relatively new to the refereeing field. The biggest thing that stand out to me: the lead official got beat on this play, and the reason being he slows up at the end, he could have easily have been three or four steps in better position than he was. He may not have been in perfect position to receive the play, but he definitely could have been in better position. This is the type of play you bust your butt hard the whole way, but he didn't, he slowed down.

Secondly, the opposite side official, I'm going to assume this is three man and call him the slot, doesn't enter the shot until the foul is called and the lead is now separating personnel. I'm not sure what kind of angle or assistance he could have possibly given.

I didn't like those two things about the coverage. With that said, intentional all the way. The defender had no intent other than there was not going to be a dunk on his team.
There's a time when you're going to get beat, no matter how much busting you do. So if he slowed down to maintain a look through versus over running the play, he may have seen all that was necessary. Except for possibly that left hand grabbing jersey, which has been previously mentioned.

I agree with your assessment of the center official. Too far away IMO to offer credible assistance on the IF upgrade, but I would listen.