View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 03, 2003, 06:00pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by TXMATTHEW05
The thing is - this league I'm in really doesn't make it a requirement you know the mechanics and such. It's actually quite annoying, having a partner that doesn't know position, doesn't dress appropriately, doesn't know the hand signals, etc. - so he probably didn't even give the double whistle a second thought.

I've spent years reading the rule book, and I am one of only 3 in this league that dresses professionally and is highly knowledgable (sp?) of the rules. In the end, I probably could have gotten it deemed intentional, but I just didn't step in, and that I know regret.
If you're unhappy about the way the league runs its reffing situation, you should just get out. It sounds like this partner was a little weak, but unless I read something wrong, he was an emergency sub. In that case, you just suck it up and make the best of it. But I'd really question why I'm in this league, if I don't like any possible partners except one or two.

I've been the weak partner in certain situations, and I just don't think you're doing any one any favors condescending to their inabilities. Let them have their little informalities, and find something you're more comfortable with. Or get on the board and "fix" things.