View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 09, 2011, 12:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheway View Post
ALL purpose gamer thank you. That is what i was trying to get along. also the fact that the offender held on to the shooter, i Believe ( atleast when i did it) that holding onto the offended was like saying "hey man im not trying to hurt you so be cool i could have let your head smash the floor" So why are we penalizing the offender for doing what hes told and being nice about it? is it because it honestly could go either way?
We can't take into consideration what a player has been instructed to do by their coach...think of end of game fouling situations. Players are instructed to foul the opponent on purpose, but that doesn't mean a defender can just grab two handfuls of jersey.

I think most people are saying intentional foul because 1.) they don't believe the defender was making a legit play on the ball and 2.) that in their opinion, the foul was for the sole purpose of taking away the player's obvious advantage.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.