View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 03, 2003, 01:56pm
Do not give a damn!!

Question Air Force?

Quote:
Originally posted by Mregor

You should practice the old proverb that states: Better to have people think you are an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. Your claims are your personal opinion and not supported by any statistic. BTW, in the Air Force, the percentage of African-Americans is 16%, not 30. This is supported by fact. http://www.afa.org/magazine/chart/0101chart.html
I don't know about the other branches, the Army is probably somewhat higher but not enough to make it 30% in all the military. Don't insult all military members, me included, by saying that we joined the military to get an education. Believe it or not, some of us actually joined to serve our country.

Mregor

Is the Air Force only one branch of the Military? Still higher than the population of this country. That is the actual point, not the exact percentage. It shows how "smart" your argument is, you are spending time arguing a number and not what the number means.

I guess sense you are calling folks names now, why do you not look up the numbers of what the percentage of all African-Americans in the Armed Services (BTW, that is not just the Navy). I do not know about you, but the fact that the numbers are that high when the overall percentages of the population are that low, is not only alarming to me and disturbing. But sense you think you know everything, I will let you figure out what why that is.

Peace