View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 03, 2003, 12:37pm
Do not give a damn!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Just because you say it is?

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
No, that's not what I'm saying, and believe it or not it is not what you said originally. You said "Most of the people in the military now are there to go to school, not go to war.... I'll agree that no one wants to go to war (well...99% anyway). I would hope that 100% of service people take advantage of every single benefit the government offers during their time in service & when they are done. But there's quite a difference between "people join the military to get money for college" and "people eligible for military benefits tend to use them".

And no, you never answered Chuck's question.

So you are telling me that the people that joined the Military, joined to go to war and only go to war? Maybe that is true but that seems based on an opinion than something that can be proven. My statements are not about each and every soldier's deep personal belief system, but about what is being done as a condition of their enrollment in the military. If you join the United States Armed Forces and use the sitation to further your education, then to me you have joined for that purpose. Otherwise you join and do not take any advantage of any of the services that provide money for an education.

Peace