View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 01, 2011, 09:09am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Sox take 2 out of 3 from White Sox after losing the previous 7 in a row to them. Adam Dunn has struck out 3+ times in a game 17 times already this season. His average is under .170. Ouch.

Red Sox gave up on the Harden trade after they didn't like the results of his physical. That's too bad. I saw him a few years ago in his third consecutive complete game shutout. I feel bad if he's hurt that bad. I liked him a lot.

Pirates are 4.5 back after being in first place just a few days ago. I guess the NL East will do that to you.

And the Indians land Ubaldo Jimenez! I'm really surprised that that (1) Colorado was so willing to let him go, considering his performance and VERY favorable contract (maybe they know something we don't know. . .) and (2) that Cleveland was the team to make such a push to get him. But they're only 2.5 back in the division so I guess it makes sense to bring in a front-line pitcher for the stretch run.