View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 22, 2000, 02:36pm
Official Forum Member

Talking Ol Jeb and his hound dog....

Ol Jeb is a tak'n his hound dog and a go'n a hunt'n; but, before he does he's a want'n ta jaw a piece with ya'll bout the great input and heartbeat'n discussion on this issue.
Now ol Jeb's only burr on his situation lends to Garth's statement:
"My disagreement in this issue is not with the symptoms, nor the disease. It is with the cure."
Ya see, that kinsa waz the case fer poor ol Jeb, seems the matter was a done deal and ol Jeb never know'd what, why fer or how comes it cames to be!
Be that as it may, ol Jeb is off with his best rabbit dog an a hunt'n good ol bugs bunny - cause wez gots some goods track'n weather, 2 foot + of that thar white stuff
and a mores a come'n.
Ya'll have a good Thanksgiving; and, ya'll come back now - ya hear!

Quote:
Originally posted by GarthB
Apparently my previous post was misunderstood.

I do not disagree with what Tim C has said in his most recent post. He is correct. I do take issue with him on these points and I do not mean to attack anyone's opinion.

My disagreement in this issue is not with the symptoms, nor the disease. It is with the cure.

I believe that when assignors and evaluators do their job, there is no need for the practice of "black balling". Black balling puts power in the wrong hands, and that, I believe, is always dangerous.

The power to assign and evaluate should belong in the hands of the associations, not the coaches.

Black balling is an extreme measure used far too often in far less than extreme cases. We do not amputate arms when a finger is broken. We attend to the finger.

And, like Tim C, I understand that there is room for disagreement in this and nearly every issue. My intent in this post is not to press that disagreement, but, hopefully, to better explain my original position.

I shall join Tim C, now in his ride into the sunset in regards to this issue. (Hey Cisco, wait for me.)

If anyone would like to discuss it further or change my feeble mind, feel free to contact me via email at [email protected]