View Single Post
Old Sat Nov 27, 1999, 10:01pm
Official Forum Member

Angry

You made a mistake by calling Knight "Mr." That implys respect. Something of which he is undeserving. Respect is something I reserve for officals that have to call his games. I order to get respect you must give it. This is something that Knight is quite possibly incapable of. I won't take the time to go into what he is deserving of here.
I generally grow weary of how occasionally officals lose their cool and make a mistake in game administration and someone points that out while making such a big deal out of it. As though officals were inhuman robots that can take whatever a coach would like to give him with out response. Coaches can say or imply most anything they want about an officals integrity, intelligence, ability, etc. with as little as a warning or an occasional Technical. But some how he is able to do this routinely and rarly criticized for it. Let a offical slip a little during a bad game or nite and suddenly here comes the cry, crucify him, crucify him!
Grow up! Officals are human and subject to like passions as are the coaches. If Bob Knight even resembled a man he should be apologizing to Ted and seeking to get him reinstated

------------------
Pilgrim
It ain't what you know that makes you a fool. It's what you know that just ain't so!