View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 11, 2011, 11:27am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to CelticNHBlue
Based on the fact that you are on LI, there are not a ton of D-I schools in your neighborhood. Your schedule, like anywhere, would probably increase the more you can travel and be available. D-I conference schools are more spread out than the lower divisions, so if you took a conference schedule, you can expect to travel a great deal more. If you only work the NYC area schools, I would expect your schedule would be limited to some degree, probably more non-conference games, but I beleive there is always a need for 'local' umpires due to the difficulty of traveling into the area from the North, South, and West.

Based on the schools, I can think of at least two conference coordinators that assign in the area; could be a third that I am not as familiar with. The two that I do know work together well so getting onto one board is a great first step to the other to expand your options.

I could provide additional detailed information if you would like. PM me and we can discuss... and congratulations on the recommendation