View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 27, 2003, 11:01am
Official Forum Member

The situation you described happened to me when I had my first evaluation. It was a JV girls game and I called my partner a week before the game to let him know that I was going to be evaluated and to make sure he got there plenty early so we could do a thorough pregame. Everything went fine up until we took the floor and then it was clear that he didn't have a clue. The first half was horrible. At the intermission, my evaluator took me into one room and the Varsity officials took my partner into a separate room to give him a crash course on basic mechanics. My evaluator told me to concentrate on my game regardless of what my partner was doing. He also said that he was there to evaluate me and not my partner. This helped ease my fears. I tried to refocus and eventually the game started getting better. I had a great 4th quarter (probably one of my best of the year). After the game, he went over my weaknesses as we watched the Varsity game. The point I'm trying to make is that a good evaluator will look past the troubles with your partner and evaluate you on your abilities. Be sure to listen to them and incorporate their suggestions. I still remember my weaknesses from that first evaluation and work on them each game.

Mregor