View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 27, 2003, 10:26am
Jerry Blum

My first question would be did you go through a complete pregame with your partner? If you did a good pregame and he just didn't do any of the things you talked about then your sort of stuck.

However, if I did have a partner like that I would have to say that for the most part I would just continue to call my game, the way I try to call every game I do. I would probably expand my area a little to help out my partner a little bit, however like I said I would still try to call my own game.

My only suggestion as far a not switching on the fouls during the floor test would be, if you are not the calling official stand somewhere that it looks like your waiting for the switch and if your partner doesn't switch just slide into the other position.

Hopefully for you the evaluators noticed that you knew what you were doing and that you were being effected by your partner inability to use correct mechanics. I don't know that you should write a self-evaluation, but I would say try to talk to whoever the evaluators were and see what they thought and then go from there.

Jerry