View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 21, 2000, 10:35am
Official Forum Member

Rog, sometimes it's not how many bad occirrences, but the content of those occurrences.

Let's take the case of McPherson, an old Scotsman sitting at a pub with a younger lad. He comments to the lad, "the worrld's a crruel place, lad. If you look out that window to the east you'll see a fine house. I built that house with me own sweat, haulin everry piece of lumberr and pounding everry nail. But when I walk down the strreet do they point at me and say, Look, therre goes McPherrson, he's a housebuilderr? No, lad, they don't !!"

"And if you look out the window to the west you can see that pierr. I built THAT pierr with me own sweat, haulin everry stick of lumberr and poundin everry nail. And it can withstand ANY storrm. But when I walk down the strreet, lad, do they point and say, Look, therre goes Mcpherrson, he's a pierrbuilder? No, lad, they don't !!"

"But let me tell you, lad, you F___ just one goat........

Now, Rog, depending on the severity of previous issues and how hard you try, you can't dump a problem you've had in the past, regardless of how much GOOD you've done since. Unfortunately, sometimes you'll run into those who hold a mistake on you forever, even minor ones. Then you'll find some who find fault with your mistake even though they don't hold the same mistake on their buddy.
That's what I call the McPherson Syndrome. That's life, though not always fair.