View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 26, 2011, 12:06pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Im not going to disagree with you AllPurposeGamer. It is silly, but officials should use the correct language whenever, and wherever, possible. I don't mind posters, like Freddy, occasionally reminding us, with a little humor, about using the proper language.
My point is I'm never going to get on an official or even correct one for using either that language in that case...or if they used for example halfcourt line vs. division line vs midcourt line, etc. That kind of language does not and should not cause confusion as they just locations on the court that I hope anyone with a whistle knows and understand.

Now, when we discuss rules and concepts that have specific definitions in the rules book, it is then that I would expect an official to use proper language...so we don't have a situation where, for example, someone uses a dictionary definition of intentional rather than the rule book definition.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.