View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 22, 2011, 06:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMP25 View Post
But he wants them all listed NOW!!!
Actually I just asked for some of the more egregious ones to be listed. I know I stumbled into the wrong forum. This is a place for umpires to discuss things with umpires and I was really out of place. I can see how it was annoying.

One final observation. It is obvious that even former MLB players don't know how the rules are to be interpreted. Even rules that say things in what appears to be plain English are not always what they seem. There are gurus who publish these interpretations and they seem to be kept secret. I contend that this is not good for the game. How are coaches supposed to teach kids how to play the game when former MLB players are confused by plays and rules interpretations are kept secret? If anything, this experience has lessened my appreciation of the game. I really don't know what I am watching anymore and it is harder to get into the game. I used to think ball four earned you a walk to first. But I suppose that it not always true, depending on what edict comes down from on high. Sorry to have been such a pain.