View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 15, 2011, 01:51pm
certified Hot Mom tester

OT - Favorite basketball movie

Since it's the off season (except that I have two "end of school tournament" HS games today), I thought we might share the titles of our favorite basketball movies. Mine is "Tall Story". Made in 1960, it's the story of a star college player (Anthony Perkins) whose team is scheduled to play the national Russian team which is on tour. Jane Fonda, in her first movie ever, plays a co-ed who came to college to find a husband and has chosen Perkins. Some gamblers approach Perkins to try to get him to throw the game and he considers it, since he needs the money to get married. Gary Lockwood plays the Russian star and they play each other in the match. It's really a funny movie and, of course, Fonda is an incredible babe, especially at this early age.

Oh yeah, one of the basketball players is Robert Redford!

There's one scene in which Perkins is looking at a trailer for sale by another student (for him and Fonda to live in) and he comments that the shower stall is quite small. The seller tells him that he and his wife frequently take showers together and "sometimes we even turn the water on".

Here's a link to the imdb description of the film.

Tall Story (1960) - IMDb