View Single Post
Old Fri Jun 10, 2011, 08:38am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcblue View Post
HBP: Don't tell me you've never made this exact same call or a call like it (like a hit ball off the foot as a live fair ball). I have.
Once I tell a coach that it did hit the knob and "I EVEN heard it", I have doubled down on my call. I can't see me then going to my partners for them to tell me that I didn't see/hear what I saw/heard. If she thought she had enough information to make that call, fine, stick with it. If not, give the batter the benefit of the doubt. Also, I'm not waiting that long to make that call either.

Quote:
Timing: If you are talking about her strike call. Call down, come up, then signal. I didn't see anything wrong with it. Are you a baseball guy???
Actually I was referring to the 3-2 pitch where she made no signal, only to call the batter out once she reached 1st. But, since you brought it up, I do think less of a delay between her verbal and signal would be better. Her timing has been a topic of discussion on more than just this board.

Quote:
strike zone. 1 finger point at another has three pointing back at you. Basically, The pitcher must adjust and that is her only strong pitch then shame on her coach(es) for allow that to happen. Some umps call it some don't.
So, you're saying that the players must adjust to an inaccurate zone? Wow, I guess the game really is about us. That, IMO, is a lame defense for an umpire.

Quote:
BTW have you done any TV games? If so which one(s). I am sure we would all be glad to give you a critique.
Yes I have. And you may well be able to pick my game apart. But I'm not touted as the "best of the best".