Thread: Whaddya got?
View Single Post
Old Thu Jun 09, 2011, 02:33pm
Lighten up, Francis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
I can see Brad's point in that this is not the type of play intended to be a PC foul.
And neither Nevada nor I is arguing that it should be a PC foul. All I am arguing is that if there is a foul on Rondo for the contact with the defender (I'm NOT talking about hanging on the rim -- I'm ONLY talking about sitting on the defender on the way down), it must -- BY RULE -- be a personal foul in some form. NOT a player control foul, as I've stated previously in my response to Brad. This is obviously not a block/charge situation, neither is it a common foul.

I think there are some people who have a couple different issues confused in this discussion. I am making one point only. Rondo is an airborne shooter, by definition. That is not arguable. He makes contact with a defender while the ball is dead. That is not arguable. BY RULE, this is a personal foul, 4-19-1.

I'm simply repeating myself now, but let me say again that I completely understand why people feel like this is a technical foul. It absolutely feels like a technical foul. I completely agree that 99.9% of all observers wouldn't even question an official who called it a technical foul. A technical foul is the expected call at all levels.

But. . .

By rule, the contact resulting from sitting on the defender's shoulders is a personal foul.