View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 06, 2011, 04:30pm
Official Forum Member

What the Director told you to do just sets up the other umpires in your are for more abuse. I think what you did was correct and I would not change a thing either. I the 7 years that I have umpired I have also only toseed 6 coaches. Five of them really ejected themself. Good luck at the nationals.

The only WOE I ever have received was for a 10U coach that was on offense. His batter hit a pitch directly to the forhead of the OT pitcher. At that age I called time immediately because the pitcher dropped to the ground immediately. The was nobody on base and the BR took first. The coach came out screaming that I did not have the right to call time until the play was finished. I explained my reason and my concern for the 9 year old that was pitching. I know the rule but I thought the safety issue was more important. He screamed that the pitcher should not play the position if she can't protect herself and I was the worst umpire that he has ever seen. At that time the parents on the opposing side as well as some of his own started getting on him big time from the stands for being an idiot. At the end of the game I got a nice standing applause from many of the parents stating "Great Job Blue". It was the best WOE award I think I will ever get.