View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 06, 2011, 10:46am
Official Forum Member

Here in Texas, for the most part HS Varsity games are single game and usually we decide the previous night over the phone on who does what. My rule of a thumb is usually that if I had the team previously within the week and I worked the dish, I usually let my partner know the situation and if he would do the plate, can't think of an instance where a guy has said no. I always pick up my partner next time we are together.

This past weekend, I worked a DH with the same partner on both Saturday and sunday, and boy was it hot. Saturday i took the first plate and on sunday he took the first plate.

Earlier in the HS Season during tournament play sometimes we were assigned three games and we flipped to see who did two. The loser would end up doing two and decide which two he wanted.

However, there are times I just don't want to do the plate and if I know my partner very well the conversation usually goes along the lines " Hey Mike, I don't feel up to the task of the doing the plate, do you mind taking this one, thanks Bud got you on a beer after the game."