View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 05, 2011, 08:07am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by collint1993 View Post
I was umpiring at tournament this weekend under NFHS rules. I had just finished my game and I was watching the game on the other field. It was 7-6, and in the bottom of the 7th inning, one out, runner on third. Batter hits a ground ball to F6 who throws it to F3 and gets the out. The batter stops running, and F3 throws the ball home. He makes a bad throw, and the runner on third scores. But wait, the umpires then both declare that the game is over. They called interference on the batter and called R3 out at home. The coaches threw a fit, and I talked to the BU after the game. I supported him to keep his confidence up, but I don't really know if it was the right call. I have looked at the Rules Book for the NFHS and haven't really found anything. Does anyone know if this was the correct call, simply curious?
Not enough information to answer. IF BR moved (or I suppose, didn't move) to intentionally interfere, then the call was correct.

If BR was just there, or if BU called it for some "running lane violation", then it was likely the wrong call.