View Single Post
Old Fri Jun 03, 2011, 09:15am
Official Forum Member

Things I learned in Summer Ball

Girls V Summer league. 2 person, Good partner. 4 games in a row.

1. 3 months off has made me rusty. I was late on plays and not focusing on off the ball play as much as I should be.

2. Post play was rougher than I was expecting. A lot of foreams, hooking, uniform grabbing.

3. Had an obvious TC foul. A's Center went to set a pick and just before the dribbler gets there (before she sets a pick) she rolls to the post, plowing over B's zone defender. Coach not happy, keeps telling me that after a pick, A can roll to the basket and that it's not an illegal screen. I tell the coach that A CAN roll to the post but she cannot run over someone who has established her position on the floor. Coach won't let it go and keeps saying he just wants to make sure that I know the rule. 2nd time he says this, I say Coach that's enough, don't mention my rules knowledge again.

Funny thing was, this team ran that same play a majority of their sets. Post player goes to set a pick and intentionally rolls just before the dribbler and her defender get there. Hadn't seen that one before.