View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 24, 2003, 01:00am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CoaachJF
Girls State Quaterfinals today. In closing minutes one offical misses three foul calls under the basket and calls a double dribble, that was overturned by the other offical. Before I ask my question, I will let you know my team lost by one point, but we lost because we shot 1-12 from the foul line not because of the offical. My question is though does anything happen to an official that makes a bad call in a game or many bad calls during a season? Thanks for taking the time to read my question.
Correction. "one official misses three foul calls" in your opinion. In most state tournaments, the officials are being evaluated the whole time and only the best advance. If this official made it to the quarterfinals, the evaluators must have thought he was pretty good. He was calling the game with his eyes and you were watching it with your heart. I doubt that his double dribble was "overturned." The other official(s) probably had a call too and after a brief conference, they decided that the double dribble happened after the other call.

Z