View Single Post
Old Thu Jun 02, 2011, 06:29am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper View Post
The last thing Earlywine said, while pointing emphatically, was "You missed it." The replays in the 1st inning allow you to read his lips.

However, in about the 3rd inning, they recap the incident from a different angle. You can clearly see Kurnat saying "You better get out of my face!" just before Earlywine's arm swing/point. Now, I'm not saying it was a bad ejection, but how would you expect a college coach, particularly one who played softball at as high a level as this one did, to react to this comment.
Really? Sorry, but to me that is a stupid question.

#1. Coach shouldn't be in anyone's face, at any point of any game. It is bush. People think Billy Martin, Gene Mauch, Earl Weaver, etc. were great coaches. Bull, they were clowns, pure and simple. People talk about the umpires being paid and acting professional? What about the coaches who are being paid much more money than the umpire?

#2. Any umpire who allows a coach within arm's distance should either back-off or dump the coach/player immediately.

#3. The response to your question of how would I expect ANYONE to react if told to get out of the umpire's face? I'd expect that person to GET OUT OF THE UMPIRE'S FACE. ESPECIALLY one who has experience you noted. The fact that this ex-player acted in the manner in which he did is an indication to me he has little to no respect for the game and he thinks it is okay to act like an *** on the field.

#4. JK's actions were quite appropriate for the manner in which this coach acted. The only thing I would have done differently is just tell the coach he was gone, turned and walked back to report the ejection and congratulate the assistant on her field promotion.