View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 01, 2011, 10:48pm
Official Forum Member

In my personal experience, these kind of situations resolve themselves in under a minute...the longest timeout I've had is when there was a clock situation. Took maybe 2-3 minutes including getting the clock set correctly and talking to the coaches. The only time I could imagine this kind of timeout taking five minutes or longer is if there's a fight situation. In those circumstances, there are various rules and enforcement that are different for players on the playing field vs. bench areas. Also, in sports like football, there's more of a chance of this taking longer because enforcement in that sport can be complex at times.

Again, most of these kinds of situations (both pro and amateur), in the major sports (football, basketball, baseball, hockey) are taken care of in less than a minute. It's usually a case where an official is giving another additional information rather than officials debating.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.