Thread: Van Gundy
View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 01, 2011, 12:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad View Post
Van Gundy is an idiot with a huge ego, which adds up to the fact that he doesn't know when to just shut his mouth. He is the biggest reason I have not watched very many of the playoff games this year. One of the games I did watch had a flagrant foul by someone or other, and Van Gundy started spouting off about "that kind of play" and "that type of person shouldn't be in the league"...all I could think of was Van Gundy hanging on to Alonzo Mourning's leg and being drug around the court when he was coaching the Knicks. He shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a microphone.
Van Gundy loves to call routine fouls flagrant fouls, then criticizes calls when they are called flagrant fouls. Almost all of the ones he criticizes ends up standing the next morning after review from the League.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.