Thread: Ejection?
View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 01, 2011, 09:20am
Official Forum Member

Ejection?

Scenario: AAU 17U, very competitive game. Some big attitudes (talent didn't live up to the hype). We have warned all (players and coaches) that taunting and yapping to opponents will not be tolerated. So far, we have two double T's for chest bumping and "squaring up" and one for taunting after a dunk. The score is getting lopsided late in the 2nd half but both teams are still getting after it.

I'm T as FT is released and the try is in the air. B55 and A25 are opposite lane line and I see them leaning heavily into each other. Try is good and as they separate some arms fly. Nothing to call yet but I've got my eye on them as they run down the court in transition. B55 (now A55 really but let's keep it simple) looks back at A25 and yells "YOU WANT TO F***ING FIGHT!?!?!" Do you a) give B55 a technical b) eject B55 c) ignore and continue to monitor the situation

What I did: flagrant technical, B55 you're done for the evening.

FYI, we only did 2 games as the last 2 were cancelled. I had 7 Ts (two double Ts for "squaring up", the flagrant T, one for throwing the ball into the rafters, one for pushing an opponent as they cross to their benches for a time out), my partner had 4. Never have I seen such ridiculous behavior.

Last edited by bbcof83; Wed Jun 01, 2011 at 09:24am.