View Single Post
Old Mon May 30, 2011, 09:43pm
Official Forum Member

The way the play occurred was just weird. I was surprised that the ball bounced as far as it did but was more surprised the way the contact occurred. Nothing was malicious or intentional from my angle and my partners agreed which was why we ruled incidental contact. My initial thought was obstruction due to the play being so far up the line but I was not 100% sure which is why I was not adamant about calling it. My partners were pretty sure that it was nothing too so I did not want to differ without being 100% sure.

The game was not the world series (you would have thought it was though the way some of the fans were acting lol) but was part of the varsity tournament. This was 1 vs. 2 and the winner advanced to the championship game with the loser going to the losers bracket to fight their way into the championship game. Teams voted to use 2 umpires for 1st round and 2nd round games and the first set of losers bracket games . 3 umpires for 3rd round and last set of losers bracket games. 4 umpires for the championship game. All year long we have had 2 umpires on every game, including JV games. Life is good