View Single Post
Old Mon May 30, 2011, 06:18pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Baker View Post
Mizzou at bat, 1st inning, 1 out. MU had just scored their 5th run of the inning. Batter pulls a dribbler towards 3B. The ball rolls into foul territory with defense hovering over ball. It starts back towards the line. Fielder reaches toward the ball and then pulls back. She does pick it up when the ball is smack in the middle of the foul line.

TeeVee announcer says the call was made BEFORE the ball was touched by defense. PU is out of view so I couldn't see when he made his call. He must of thought fielder touched at first reach. (Head coach was tossed after offering his take on the play.)

Anyone see it?
A few times and I understand why the umpire called it foul.

F5 charged the ball, waited for it to go foul and reached for the ball and then, seemingly hesitating for the ball to go "farther" into foul territoy, pulled her hand back.

We all had a different angle, but when F5 reached down and placed her hand over the ball, from the RHBB, I can understand how that would seem to the PU that she touched the ball in foul territory.

And then you have the bell unrung issue.