View Single Post
Old Sun May 29, 2011, 08:01pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmpireErnie View Post
We are sitting around in our dressing room/campground getting out of gear, and changing clothes and debriefing a little bit. Here comes an upset mom from the losing team storming into our area. "I just want to show you something.. I just want to show you this definition."

Now for the comic relief in all of this.. in Mom's hand is.. a Little League rule book!!!

One of my partners for this game steps out to meet her and says "Ma'am please don't bring that over here!" Joyously, Mom game up here quest pretty quickly when she realized we were not going to listen to her or talk with her.
Oh no!! I would have let her go on her rant and when she was done, asked her to read the cover of the book. Then direct her to the closest LL facility.

Had a game a few years ago, 14U, where this coach went off about this and that as I just stood there and looked at her. She made the unfortunate mistake of wrapping up her rant with "that's the PONY rule".

I pointed to my shirt and asked if she could read the three letters on my chest. Now, that was my idea of having fun on the field

Last edited by IRISHMAFIA; Sun May 29, 2011 at 08:09pm.