View Single Post
Old Wed May 25, 2011, 06:19pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwest View Post
Bottom of the 7th. Score is 6 - 3. Home team down by 3. They score three runs so we go extra innings. Visitors don't score in their half of the 8th. Home team has the winning run at 3rd in the bottom of the 8th. I can't remember the count but the next pitch was low. The batter swung and fouled it in the ground. The runner at third takes off because she believes it is a passed ball. The catcher retrieves the ball and tags the runner out. While this is all going on I (BU) came up with a loud Foul Ball call. The visitor coaches are pointing at me saying I have a call. The fans are cheering because they think they have an out. I tell my partner what I have, we reset and one of the visiting coaches says good call. The next pitch hits the batter. Now we have runners on 1st and 3rd. At some point during the next batters turn at bat, a pitch is again low and gets by the catcher. This time the run scores. The visiting fans are yelling "Foul Ball". However, the batter never swung. The ball never touched the bat. As we are leaving one of the visiting fans says to us "I never talk to the umpires, but you are the worst I've seen".

Yeah, right. I let three runs score in the bottom of the 7th.

WHY?

Why not a "Dead ball" call and let the plate ump make the determination as to where she was?