View Single Post
Old Wed May 25, 2011, 09:59am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastshire View Post
So you're saying you always have to double down on stupidity?

I can't say you're wrong about this; in fact you're probably right that having already taken the stupid action of denying the request in the first place, the WOA was committed to having to punish PNFOA in some way. However, the level of punishment given here is way out of line with the act committed and it doesn't give WOA immunity for being called out on the stupidity and general jerkiness of having forbidden it in the first place.

Yes, when the authorities are jerks you sometimes get punished for doing the right thing. That doesn't change the fact that the authorities are jerks or mean you shouldn't do the right thing.

Oh, and the WOA lost its credibility when they denied the use of the pink whistles, so this is really closing the barn door after the horse has left.
I dunno about you, but I took his post kind of tongue in cheek...on a side note, that's why we should never tell coach anything close to "One more word and..."

Ref: "Coach, one more word and you get a T!"
Coach: "Yes sir"
Ref: *Whack?!*
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.